Certificate in Website Design
In this course, students will learn how to create documents with an HTML format, connected by hypertext for use on the World Wide Web or on a corporate intranet. Students will learn how to create and edit websites and web pages, apply paragraph and character formatting to web pages, create links between and within pages, create links to the World Wide Web, create a navigation bar; insert and create links from images; add special features e.g. hover buttons and search forms; insert and format tables as well as create framed pages..
Key Concepts Covered Include:
- Fundamentals of Website Design and Environment
- Learn to design and code in HTML5 & CSS3.
- Building a Website
- Linking Web pages
- Adding Images and Special Features
- Working with Tables, Frames, Forms
- Usability in Website Design
- Additional Web Functions
- Exercises and Projects.
A description of the outcomes that will be completed to demonstrate competence and skills on the course…
TUTORIAL/LESSON 1: Website Environment
- Fundamental of website design – environment, tags, elements and structure
- Using Dreamweaver Editor / Text Editor (Notepad, Notepad ++, Sublime, EditPlus)
TUTORIAL/LESSON 2: Building a Web
- Creating a New Web
- Applying Themes
- Formatting Text on a Web Page
TUTORIAL/LESSON 3: Linking Web Pages
- Creating Internal Links
- Creating External Links
- Testing and Revising Links
- Creating a Navigation Bar
TUTORIAL/LESSON 4: Adding images and Special Features to the Web
- Inserting Images
- Using Images with Hyperlinks
TUTORIAL/LESSON 5: Working with Tables
- Creating a Table
TUTORIAL/LESSON 6: Working with Frames
- Creating Framed Pages
TUTORIAL/LESSON 7: Additional Web Functions
- Assigning Tasks
- Deleting a Website
- Going Live
Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
No minimum qualification required. English is the base language of study.
There are two parts to the assessment for these qualifications:
1. Multiple-choice question – 50 questions; 1 hour duration
2. Project/assignment – a production through Application Development Life Cycle.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates are awarded a Certificate in Website Design and may progress by direct-entry to any of the Diploma/Higher Diploma course. Candidates may equally exit to employment and do well vocationally.
All students are required to pay the following fees:
- All Online Learning fee: FREE
- Distance Learning fee: £129 / NGN75,000.00 for up to 6 months
For further enquiries on any of the courses, please make contact on:
Tel: +44(0)87856 122 588; +234(0)706 252 4962
“I am Thanya, an engineering student at University of Greenwich, I had the chance to meet and work with Patrick Justus since November thanks to the SPARK mentoring scheme. He has been a great mentor in this period and helped me with my career development and life skills development.”
Thanya K. Don
“I owe it to Patrick to set me on a career path and get me where I am today. Without Patrick’s influence, who knows where I might have been today.”