Certificate in ICT
Certificate in ICT
ICT is a specialist work-related programme of study that covers the key knowledge, understanding and practical skills required in the computing, business and commercial sectors. The qualification prepares learners for employment in these sectors and is suitable for first-timers as well as for academic conversion and application of information technology. Learners with interest in commercial information technology and internetworking will find this course particularly rewarding.
Key Course Structure:
- What is the course duration?
- What are the days and times of the course?
Evenings only – times to be agreed on enrolment, or
Distance Learning only – times to be agreed on enrolment
- Open Curriculum
Open Curriculum allows access to our course materials for missed presentations and tutorials, as well as assignment submission, feedback facilities, and online discussions between students and tutors using discussion seminars, etc.
- What qualifications will I get?
– Certificate in ICT
- Which Units will I be learning?
The course is modular and consists of a selection and mixture of units.
2 Mandatory units (30 Credits) and 2 Optional units (30 Credits) for the Certificate pathway.
A description of the outcomes that will be completed to demonstrate competence and skills on the course…
all two units (30 credits for Certificate) must be taken:
- Unit 1 Information, Data & Knowledge – Credits 15
- Unit 3 Personal Skills Development – Credits 15
choose units with a minimum total credit value of 30 credits for Certificate:
- Unit 6 IT and the Law – Credits 15
- Unit 10 Software Solutions – Credits 15
- Unit 13 Communications & Network Systems – Credits 15
- Unit 14 Website Design – Credits 15
Unit 24 Networking Technologies – Credits 15
Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
No minimum qualification required. English is the base language of study.
There are two parts to the assessment for these qualifications:
1. Multiple-choice question – 50 questions; 1-hour duration
2. Project/assignment – a production through Application Development Life Cycle.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates are awarded a Certificate in ICT and may progress by direct-entry to the Diploma/Higher Diploma course. Candidates may equally exit to employment and do well vocationally.
All students are required to pay the following fees:
- Online Learning fee: FREE
- Distance Learning fee: £129 / NGN75,000.00 for up to 6 months
For further enquiries on any of the courses, please make contact on:
Tel: +44(0)87856 122 588; +234(0)706 252 4962
“I am Thanya, an engineering student at University of Greenwich, I had the chance to meet and work with Patrick Justus since November thanks to the SPARK mentoring scheme. He has been a great mentor in this period and helped me with my career development and life skills development.”
Thanya K. Don
“I owe it to Patrick to set me on a career path and get me where I am today. Without Patrick’s influence, who knows where I might have been today.”